The Detmold Group is a proudly South Australian owned Company recognised by our customers and the industry as the leading supplier of specialised paper and board packaging solutions. Founded in 1948, the business retains its head office in Adelaide, and has grown to employ over 2500 people worldwide in offices and factories strategically located to support our customer's operations and future growth. With offices in 16 countries and world class manufacturing facilities in Australia, Indonesia, China, South Africa, Vietnam, the Philippines and India, our global network services the Asia Pacific region, Europe, the Middle east, Africa and the Americas.
As a result of our continuous focus on driving manufacturing excellence, we have a new opportunity for an exceptional operations leader who is driven by the challenge of a fast paced environment, and who thrives on the dual challenges of driving efficiency and delivering improvements across process, people and product.
The ability to draw on the core principles of batch manufacturing as well as contemporary manufacturing principles will be essential. However, this position also provides the opportunity to be involved in innovation in product design and delivery to some of the most iconic and well recognised brands across the food service, retail and FMCG sectors.
Responsible for the Adelaide based plants, this is a rare opportunity to join a business where you can enjoy the benefits of local lifestyle while being part of a globally focused, customer responsive, dynamic and challenging business.
Success in the role will come from:
- A true passion for manufacturing - full familiarity with the challenges of a fast paced batch manufacturing environment and the real desire to have hands on involvement in the success of the business.
- The ability to build credibility, lead and develop a team of experienced Production Managers and to create highly accountable, committed quality focused teams.
- Personal agility and an enquiring mind - with the preparedness to constantly question and ask "how can we do better?"
- The ability to deal with multiple issues - to manage day to day challenges and at the same time stay focused on the priorities that drive operational improvements.
- The confidence to take the lead balanced with the openness to listen and learn.
- A constant focus on the analysis of plant performance so as to stay ahead of the curve and proactively identify areas requiring improvement.
To apply for this opportunity please complete the details in the form below and submit your cv outlining your skills and experience relevant to this role. Applications are open to Australian permanent residents with eligibility to work.
For confidential telephone enquiries regarding this role please call Jenny Harvey on +61 8 83483200