Printer - Full Time
- Well known, family owned South Australian company
- Join a hardworking and passionate team
- Located 10 mins from the CBD with onsite parking
Custom Cartons is part of the Detmold Group who are a leading manufacturer of paper and board packaging products with 7 manufacturing locations and over 22 sales offices in 15 countries.
Custom Cartons are based in Brompton and service the growing demand for small run cartons in Australia, offering an extensive range of products including corrugated cartons, promotional displays, novelty packaging and fittings.
A great opportunity has become available for a Printer to join our Printing team in a permanent full-time position.
Day to day tasks include:
- Achieve productivity targets as set by the specifications for the machine both in regard to running the machine as well as setting the machine.
- Set-up the machine as per the “Standard Set Procedure” in the required time. This includes all parts of the production process under the responsibility of the Operator.
- Minimise downtimes by finding better ways to do work (Continuous Improvement).
- Demonstrate ability to prepare for the next job.
- Demonstrate the ability to keep the machine and surrounding area to accepted housekeeping standards.
- Alert the relevant Supervisor/Team Leader when the standards are not being achieved in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to workplace health, safety and environmental management.
- Follow internal process in relation to production planning, raw materials and routine checks.
- All products are to be produced within the specifications provided.
- Ensure all quality systems and procedures are adhered to. Demonstrate a full understanding of the quality system relevant to the specific machine.
- Ensure Quality Check Sheet is understood and filled in correctly.
- Provide quick assistance in the resolution of quality complaints.
- Grease and oil machines where required, as per the machine specific SOP & relevant diagram.
- Record relevant data on the machine record sheet, quality check sheet, and productivity and waste target sheet.
To be considered for this position you must be trade qualified and/or have proven significant experience. Experience within the Packaging Industry and/or with a Heidelberg XL 105 is desirable but not essential.
This position will work on a rotating roster across day and afternoon shift during the week (Monday to Friday), with some occasional night shift and weekend work required during busier periods.
To apply for this position please complete the details in the form below and submit your resume and cover letter outlining your skills and experience.