Detmold Packaging is part of the Detmold Group who are a leading manufacturer of paper and board packaging products with 7 manufacturing locations and over 22 sales offices in 15 countries. We supply to a diverse range of customers including some of the world's leading brands.
We are seeking two self motivated individuals to join our team as Apprentice Machine Operators.
This position will be exposed to printing and packaging machines and will suit someone with a genuine interest and desire to build a career in the Packaging Industry.
This is a competency based apprenticeship over a 4 year duration, with on the job training as well as nationally accredited technical training.
The successful applicant will be given ongoing coaching, mentoring and support to complete a Certificate III in Printing.
Over the duration of the apprenticeship, you will work alongside Printers and Operators to progressively gain skills and knowledge in order to perform the following tasks:
- Achieve productivity targets as set by the specifications for the machine
- Set-up the machine as per the “Standard Set Procedure” in the required time. This includes all parts of the production process under the responsibility of the Machine Operator
- Minimise downtime by finding better ways to do work (Continuous Improvement)
- Follow internal procedures in relation to production planning, raw materials and routine checks
- All products are to be produced within the specifications provided
- Ensure all quality systems and procedures are adhered to
- Grease and oil machines where required and perform basic machine maintenance
- Record relevant data electronically and paper-based
This position will generally work across day shift (7am-3:06pm) however our operations are 24/5, with occasional weekend work, therefore candidates need to be flexible and able to work across day, afternoon and night shift.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an eye for detail
- A good work ethic, punctual, honest and reliable
- Sound computer literacy
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player and able to build effective relationships
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
To apply for this position please complete the details in the form below and submit your resume and cover letter outlining your skills and experience.